November 10th, 2022 by Van Ausdall & Farrar
Do you have a hard time managing your business data? Or are you a business owner who wants to automate your business for a seamless operation? If your answer is “yes,” then enterprise content management (ECM) is your solution.
To manage your business assets efficiently and effectively, you need to utilize ECM software – the central hub for all your business files and documents. However, before you implement an ECM system, your business needs a formal plan to ensure the program meets the needs of your business and your customers or users.
Enterprise content management is a software application that enables businesses to manage content and information throughout their lifecycle securely. What does it do? It allows unstructured information such as emails and word documents to be securely stored and easily accessible to authorized users. In other words, the ECM program eliminates bottlenecks caused by paper-based processes and servers that are jam-packed with PDF files that are not actionable.
Why Is an ECM Important for Your Business?
- Having a well-established ECM system integrated into your business is crucial. This can help your customers and business in many ways, including:
- Reducing dependence on paper and streamlining business operations
- Improving customer service and increasing staff productivity
- Reducing organizational risk through better retention policy management and data disposition
How to Approach an ECM
There are many companies in the market that provide ECM solutions. However, it would be best to make an informed decision when choosing the perfect ECM that best suits your needs.
The following are some of the factors you need to consider when selecting an ECM solution:
- Compatibility – This is an essential factor to consider. Not all businesses have the same needs. Every company has its own unique needs. Therefore, the chosen ECM should be compatible and integrated into your existing infrastructure.
- Ease of Use – How well can your staff work on the system without facing difficulties? How much training will your team need to learn to use the ECM system? These are essential factors to consider. Your preferred solution should balance features, customization and ease of use with your goals since training is another cost you can incur with a system that does not align with your needs.
- Workflow – An ECM generally captures, processes and stores information in digital form. Your preferred solution should have more features. This is because these features can automate your business processes. When your business processes are automated, you increase your workflow and productivity.
- Security – This is important to consider when outsourcing your ECM solution. How will the solution address security concerns – your documents and business files are more valuable and sensitive. Your ECM solution should be able to keep your documents secure. Some of the security factors you should consider when choosing your ECM include the following:
- Automated backups
- Granting different permission levels
- Tracking user activity
- Providing control
ECM Solutions from Van Ausdall & Farrar
Looking for the best ECM solution provider can be a challenge. Also, the cost and in-built features of the ECM program can be an issue of concern. For this reason, Van Ausdall & Farrar is your best choice.
As a leading IT solutions provider across Indiana and the Midwest, Van Ausdall & Farrar understands all of your business needs. VAF’s team of experts is well conversant with your needs and ready to walk you through the right journey and choose the best ECM solution that best fits your business needs.
- ECM integration
- Staff training