Leading Your Company To Success With Effective Case Management Solutions
Case management includes everything from the IT help desk to incident tracking to contract management to customer service and more. It’s the kind of work that directly affects your customers, constituents, students and employees.
Your IT department is likely laser focused on successful case management. They are already tackling this type of unpredictable work, which is driven by information that requires human decisions.
If your organization needs a complete view of all the data, documents, notes, events and other information surrounding a case, customer, incident or relationship, a custom case management solution will help to leverage your data. Effectively managing this information-centric work keeps your customers happy, your employees productive and your organization healthy and profitable.
4 Drivers of a Successful Case Management Approach
The right case management solution should be useful beyond your immediate needs. To get the most benefit from a case management approach, consider the following:
1-Identify Opportunities for Case Management – Look for areas in your organization that depend heavily on knowledge worker involvement, such as investigations, service requests, issue resolution, spreadsheets, paper files and siloed departmental databases. Also included are processes and departments that are customer-, employee- and constituent-facing and gaps that exist in day-to-day work that major line-of-business applications don’t fully support. Then, determine where you experience the biggest pain – cost, time or quality of service – and start there.
2-Evaluate Case Management Options – You could have your developers build applications from scratch with custom coding. You could purchase multiple point solutions specific to one process. You could configure case management business applications on a point-and-click platform.
3-Determine IT Support and Involvement – The scale and breath of IT support and involvement differ based on the type of case management solution you choose:
- Build: Custom-coded applications tailored to your exact needs take longer to create and are more difficult to change with shifting requirements.
- Buy: Point solutions are effective for a specific use and can’t be easily extended or connected to other areas of your organization.
- Configure: A point-and-click configuration tool saves development time and costs, allowing IT to rapidly respond to needs by quickly creating business applications.
By configuring case management applications on one flexible, scalable platform, your company can realize a lower total cost of ownership while providing IT with one place to manage updates, security and maintenance.
4-Look Toward the Future – When choosing a solution, look for one that:
- Easily scales with changing business needs
- Extends to other processes, departments and users
- Provides an intuitive interface with access via email inboxes and line-of-business applications so your users have a complete view of all the information they need to provide customer service, resolve issues, track information and manage relationships
- Is delivered by a vendor who has experience with data-driven applications, proven implementations in the case management space and will become a longtime strategic partner
Case Management Solutions from OnBase by Hyland and Van Ausdall & Farrar, Inc.
Van Ausdall & Farrar, Inc is a trusted authorized OnBase Solutions Partner, offering a wealth of expertise about the solutions as well as the challenges you face in your industry. Hyland Software, the developer of OnBase, stands behind its partners with extensive technical training and customer support. Trusted by over 9,000 companies, OnBase eliminates bottlenecks and automates low-value, time-intensive tasks. This gives you time to focus on things that really matter.